Department of Energy and Resources Engineering, College of Engineering, Peking University
Center for New Energy Systems
Office Add: Founder Building 301
Office Tel: +86-10-82529066
Lab Add: Renewable Thermal Energy Lab (HuaXueLou 232)
Lab Tel: (010) 6275-5052
Fax: (010) 8252-9010
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Chinese University of Petroleum (East China)
Ph.D., Engineering Thermo-physics, Tsinghua University
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
Renewable Thermal Energy Conversion and Storage
Honors and Awards：
Who's Who in Science and Engineering, 2006-2007.
Outstanding Alumni Award, Tohoku University, Japan, 2009.
Excellent Research Scientist, Doshisha University, Japan, 2010.
1. One of Editors: Nature Resources (NR)
2. Member of Editorial Advisory Board: The Open Renewable Energy Journal
3. One of Editors: Environmental Research Journal
4. Co-Chairman: International Workshop on Energy Conversion
5. Co-Chairman: China-Canada Clean Energy Research and Training Partnership and Annual Conference
6. Professional Membership: Japan Society of Energy and Resources; The Heat Transfer Society of Japan; Japan Society of Energy and Resources; American Society of Mechanical Engineers(ASME); American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers(ASHRAE); International Institute of Refrigeration(IIR)
7.Associate Editor: International Journal of Energy Research (IJER)
Selected Recent Publications: (out of >150)
1. Xin-Rong Zhang, Lin Chen, “Natural convective flow and heat transfer of supercritical CO2 in a rectangular circulation loop,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer (2010), Vol. 53, pp.4112-4122.
2. Xin-Rong Zhang, Bi Li Deng, “Bifurcation phenomenon for forced convection of supercritical CO2 sudden expansion flow and heat transfer in symmetric regime,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer (2010), Vol. 53, pp.4467-4473.
3. X. R. Zhang, H. Yamaguchi, K. Fujima, M. Enomoto, and N. Sawada, “Study of solar energy powered transcritical cycle using supercritical carbon dioxide,” International Journal of Energy Research (2006), Vol.30, pp. 1117-1129.
4. X. R. Zhang, H. Yamaguchi, “Forced convection heat transfer of supercritical carbon dioxide in a horizontal circular tube,” Journal of Supercritical Fluids (2007), Vol. 41, pp. 412-420.
5. Hiroshi Yamaguchi, Xin-Rong Zhang*, “A novel CO2 refrigeration system achieved by CO2 solid-gas two-phase fluid and its basic study on system performance,” International Journal of Refrigeration (2009), Vol 32, Issue 7, pp.1683-1693.
6. Xin-Rong Zhang, Hiroshi Yamaguchi, Yuhui Cao, “Hydrogen production from solar energy powered supercritical cycle using carbon dioxide,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy (2010), Vol.35, pp.4925-4932.
7. X.R.Zhang, Y.H.Cao, “A lattice Boltzmann model for the natural convection with a large temperature difference,” Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics (2011).
8. H. Yamaguchi, N. Sawada, H. Suzuki, H. Ueda, X. R. Zhang*, “Preliminary study on a solar water heater using supercritical carbon dioxide as working fluid,” ASME Journal of Solar Energy Engineering (2010), Vol 132, Issue 1, 011010 (6pages).
9. X. R. Zhang, H. Yamaguchi, D. Uneno, “Experimental study on the performance of solar Rankine system using supercritical CO2,” Renewable Energy (2007), Vol.32, pp. 2617-2628.
10. X. R. Zhang, S. Sakai, S. Maruyama, “Numerical investigation of laminar natural convection on a heated vertical plate subjected to a periodic oscillation,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer (2004), Vol.47, pp. 4439-4448.